Textile Lab Technician
The Monarch Color Corporation has an exciting opportunity as a Textile Lab Technician for our textile product line at our facility in Charlotte, NC.
About the Organization:
Monarch Color Corporation, an industry leader in commercial inks since 1977, is experiencing rapid growth, as we continue to expand its product offering. We are seeking a qualified Textile Lab Technician for our Charlotte facility. Come join our innovative team as we set the new “Standards of Excellence” for the screen printing industry of today and tomorrow.
The Textile Lab Technician is responsible for supporting existing and developing new screen printing ink products. In addition, the Textile Lab Technician will support manufacturing operations, quality control and the application laboratories where appropriate.
- Supports the lab personnel in all Direct to Textile ink development and Quality Control
- Color management experience and can formulate PMS color
- Performs established lab tests on batches of ink
- Operates and maintains lab equipment
- Weighs quantities of raw materials for use in manufacturing of high quality ink by performing and or all of these duties as directed
- Operates multiple lab equipment in a safe and efficient manner to mix raw materials
- Lab bench work formulating and testing as necessary for successful completion of projects.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree or related experience in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related science as well as 5+ years of experience in Ink R&D or Coatings R&D
- Experience must include hands on formulation experience of new products from idea to commercialization
- Experience in plastisol, silicone and/or aqueous chemistry
- Stand or walk around lab for long periods of time
- Reach with hands and arms, and overhead above shoulders
- Constantly lift materials to make batches
- Ability to lift, push, or pull objects up to 11lbs.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred. Experience working in a laboratory is preferred
- Must be able to pass a color recognition test
- Good computer skills
- Ability to read and comprehend short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference in the subject line the position you are applying for.